Re: rigth crc32 implementation

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:19:41 -0700
Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 01:01:32PM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
>
>>Note also there is CRC32 code of this sort in WEP and TKIP crypto
>>modules in the net80211 support.
>

> Sam,
>
> Given the seperation of crc32() into crc32_raw() and crc32(), with
> either crc32() only or otherwise both functions inlined, are there
> any obstacles preventing the 802.11 code from using the ones in
> src/sys/libkern?

The wep+tkip usage is integral to the cipher so splitting it out would
likely slow them and, more importantly, would also require revalidation
(there are test vectors but they're pretty limited).  These modules are
self-contained for various reasons so I'm leary of switching.  I'll
think about adding it under an #ifdef for those that want to save
2Kbytes (the size of the crc tables).

	Sam