Re: can't build kernel [with CONFIG this time]<whilebeingmoderated>

From: Nguyen Tam Chinh <chinhngt_at_sectorb.msk.ru>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:11:06 +0400 (MSD)
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, /dev/null wrote:

> Kris,
> Thank you for the reply and pointer(s). I have a question though. What do
> I need to grep for? Almost sounds like: if world won't build on your system
> you have bad hardware. Sorry, I've been at this problem for quite awhile
> now and my perspective is getting a bit blurred. Anyway, if you could throw
> me a small bone I'd appreciate it.
>
>> No, you seem to have bad hardware.  Check CPU cooling, power supply,
>> RAM, cabling, etc.  See the FAQ and the mailing list archives for
>> extensive discussion.

Just for information, I've a notebook with bad cooling system and the
buildworld/kernel often fail with such error like "gcc: internal error
...". If I put that notebook in a cooler place, in most case the building
process passed by flawlessly.
NOTES: This's just my experience. I've never seen such errors on the old
compaq desktop.

-----
With best regards,          |            The Power to Serve
Nguyen Tam Chinh            |          http://www.FreeBSD.org
Loc: sp.cs.msu.ru           |