Re: boot banner project

From: Stephen McKay <smckay_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:57:33 +1000
On Wednesday, 27th April 2005, Mike Jakubik wrote:

>On Wed, April 27, 2005 10:44 am, /dev/null said:
>
>> With 30+ servers, I do alot of that as well. But it has always bothered
>> me for some reason that Linux has always had their flashy boot screens.
>> While FBSD has not. It was sort of like Linux thumbing its nose at me.
>> So, I felt like I'd like to start contributing to FBSD and this seemed
>> like an easy place to start. Later, something more advanced (and useful).
>
>Personally, I prefer the current fbsd boot process over the linux flashy
>ones. It's useless bloat, that won't impress any serious audience.

Put me in the flashiness hating camp also.  I especially dislike the
Linux 60Hz super-eye-destroying graphical boot, which I have to go to the
trouble of defeating as it is the default.

I hope you enjoy coding your new feature, but I also hope it will be easy
to permanently disable as graphical booting is a step backwards in my view.

Stephen.