Re: boot banner project

From: Chuck Robey <chuckr_at_chuckr.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:24:15 +0000
Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-Apr-29 14:08:44 -0500, John Sconiers wrote:
>
>>Is there a reason why we haven't adopted the bsdinstaller?
>>(www.bsdinstaller.org)
>

> The most likely reason is that no-one has done the work to either turn
> it into a port or integrate it into FreeBSD.

My own take on this, is when I want something, I propose it.  If I get a
bunch of suggestions, I respond by going off and coding it,  If I get a
bunch of complaints, I let it die.  But what most often happens, someone
who is less upset by the political arguing than I am goes off and codes
it, and litens to the flack until it gets accepted.  I don't do very
well, listening to flack.