Re: boot banner project

From: Chris <racerx_at_makeworld.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:36:52 -0500
/dev/null wrote:
> First, I'd like to say; It's great to see so much passion regarding an OS.
> It reminds me of the olden days when Mac vs. PeeCee camps were so
> prevelent.

Yes. It's presenting ideas, reasons, suggestions. Thus far tho - I have
gotten far worse replies via email then what has made it here on the list.

Sorta reminds me of the NetBSD "discussion" on the new *cough* mascot
*cough*

>>John Sconiers wrote:

>>John Sconiers wrote:
>>
>>>Do you want to get / keep new users, compete wth other operating
>>>systems, etc....
>>>

>>Of course - but NOT at the expense for the OS itself. The banner is only
>>seen once. It does not have to be perdy to attract users.
>>
>>If that's the case, if it needs to be perdy to attract users - then
>>(speaking for myself) do you want that flavor of user?
>

> Is this bigotry, or racism? I can never remember which one means which.
> Anyway, WTFAY to decide whom is allowed to use FBSD anyway?!

I'm not - Read betwix the () - "Speaking for myself". That means, it's
my opinion. People seem to miss that point. Either that or they read
what they want it to say.

*Shrug*

>>Are you not at that point trying to emulate a Windows-ee look? As I
>>said, I care more about the quality of the OS.
>

> You know, when you live at the console as long as I do every day. A little
> "eye candy" can go a l o n g way.
>
> -Chris (H.)

As long as it's not needed bloat. I rather like what one user stated.
Make it an option, or a port.

To me, (read that again, to me) I would prefer a choice.

--
Best regards,
Chris

In case of doubt, make it sound convincing.