wpa_supplicant support for EAP_TTLS and wired drivers

From: Chris Hodgins <christopher.hodgins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:54:55 +0100
Hi,

I am trying to establish authentication to a switch using EAP_TTLS
with a PAP phase 2 and using a wired connection.  I think I have a
workable configuration but wpa_supplicant does not recognise TTLS as a
valid eap type.  This is my configuration:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
ap_scan=0
network={
        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
        eap=TTLS
        anonymous_identity="anonymous"
        identity="xxxxx"
        password="xxxxx"
        eapol_flags=0
        phase2="auth=PAP"
}

When run, wpa_supplicant tells me:

# wpa_supplicant -c wpa.conf -irl0
Line 6: unknown EAP method 'TTLS'
You may need to add support for this EAP method during wpa_supplicant
build time configuration.
See README for more information.
Line 6: failed to parse eap 'TTLS'.
Line 12: failed to parse network block.
Failed to read configuration file '/root/wpa/wpa.conf'.

So is TTLS something that is not currently supported in FreeBSD, or
just simply not currently compiled into the base install?  Is there
anything I can do to help with getting TTLS into the base (such as
testing)?

ThanksFreeBSD paranoia 6.0-BETA1 FreeBSD 6.0-BETA1 #0: Sat Jul 23
10:32:51 BST 2005   root_at_paranoia:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/paranoia  i386

Chris