amd64 machine with 6.0-BETA2 dies suddenly

From: Björn König <bkoenig_at_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 21:13:56 +0200
Hello,

I have an amd64 machine with a GENERIC 6.0-BETA2 that stops working on
heavy disk I/O, e.g. sometimes on dump(8), but almost always during
stage 2.1 of buildworld; otherwise it works fine for days without
complications. There is no output to the console, the machine doesn't
answer to pings anymore and breaking to the DDB debugger doesn't work
too. Here is a dmesg output:

http://212.202.37.29/dateien/dmesg.txt

Is there still anything that I can do to get a piece of debug information?

I will install 5.4-RELEASE tomorrow to verify that this is not a
hardware defect.

Regards Björn

--
Björn König (bkoenig_at_cs.tu-berlin.de)
student at the Technische Universität Berlin