Re: More into /etc/rc.d/jail

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:58:42 +0200
Glenn,

> That is basically what I did.  The only real difference is the block size
> that you used. (I was using 512 byte blocks)
>
> It's interesting that you got nearly identical numbers.  The test that I
> ran was showing about 20Mbytes/sec under 4.x and about 7MB/sec under
> 5.x.  The only way I could get 5.x to come close to the 4.x numbers was to
> use newfs in 4.x and then mount that file system in 5.x.  (I had a boot
> disk with two slices, 4.x and 5.x, and two other disks in the same machine
> that I used for testing.)

I think I misunderstood what you said in your first mail.  I thought
you were saying that a file-backed filesystem created with RELENG_4's
newfs(8) behaves differently than later newfs(8).

It's silly, and you were in fact obviously comparing md(4) and vn(4)
performances.  The tests I ran both used md(4).  THus they are
worthless.

I don't have a RELENG_4 on the same computer as my CURRENT, so I won't
be able to test this.

Sorry for wasting time.
Regards,
--