Re: mozilla/firefox and libpthread

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:46:11 -0500
Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Eric Anderson wrote:
>

>>Recently (the last 2 weeks maybe), I've been getting this error with
>>mozilla when I hit some websites:
>>
>>(Gecko:1131): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has
>>wrapped in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)
>>Fatal error 'cond_queue_enq: thread already queued!' at line 815 in file
>>/usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_cond.c (errno = 0)
>>Fatal error 'cv_timedwait: locklevel is not zero!' at line 649 in file
>>/usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_cond.c (errno = 3)
>>
>>I can't even start firefox, it returns those same messages after a few
>>seconds of loading.
>>
>>Is anyone else having problems, or did I somehow muck up a library
>>somewhere?  I've tried rebuilding from ports, and also using the pkg
>>from the FreeBSD ftp server.  I'm running 7.0 from yesterday.
>

> Is something linked to both libpthread.so.1 and libpthread.so.2?

Yea, that's it.  After your note, I looked in my libmap.conf, and found
some old mappings for some plugins pointing to libpthread.so.1.  So
mozilla and firefox were loading the libpthread.so.2 (checked using
ldd), but the plugins were using so.1, so I changed my libmap and voila,
they work.

Thanks for the hint - I looked at that file probably 5 times, but
sometimes you need a nudge to see the obvious.. :)

I'm sure someone else will have the same problem, so hopefully they
google for the error and find this and fix it without another email. :)

Thanks again!
Eric