make distribution and cap_mkdb -l from 5 to 6

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:33:08 +0200
Hi,

I was giving a try to the sysutils/etcmerge port in order to ease the
upgrade of /etc from RELENG_5 to RELENG_6.  This revealed me that the
``distribution'' target in RELENG_6's src/etc/Makefile calls cap_mkdb(8)
with either "-l" or "-L" flag, depending on endianess.  Unfortunately
RELENG_5's cap_mkdb(8) doesn't have this flag and this resulted.

I understand that using RELENG_6 sources on RELENG_5 is something quite
unusual but it's quite disconcerting and prevents me from using
etcmerge.  I would really like to avoid merging /etc manually since I
have number of changes in my /etc and number of changes between 5's /etc
and 6's one are both huge.  Yes, I know mergemaster(8), that's what I
call ``manually'' :-).

Can this issue be resolved in a way or another ?  I'm not sure using
${.OBJDIR}'s cap_mkdb(8) is an option.

Thanks for your advices.
Regards,
--