Re: Atheros and PPPoE

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:03:43 -0700
Marcin Jessa wrote:
> Hi Sam.
>
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:24:59 -0700
> Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com> wrote:
>

>>Marcin Jessa wrote:
>>
>>>Hi.
>>>
>>>I tried to run PPPoE service on my atheros nic but there seem to be a problem doing it.
>>>PPPoE on ath does not receive any requests from PPPoE clients.
>>>It works fine with a "normal" wired nic (tested with fxp and xl)
>>>Is that the case ? Isn't ath supporting that protocol ?
>>
>>ath knows nothing about ppoe; try providing info
>

> I'd be glad to but what kind of info are you interested in?

Well, start with ifconfig of the interface then give a recipe for how to
reproduce it.  "PPoE on ath does not receive any requests" doesn't mean
a whole lot to me; are packets being received?  If you run tcpdump on
the interface to you see the expected traffic?  Have you examined the
statistics reported by 80211stats to see if frames are being discarded
for some reason?

I do not use PPoE and probably cannot recreate your setup so you need to
provide sufficient information for me to diagnose the problem.

	Sam