Sun Fire v40z, FreeBSD/amd64 and 16GB RAM.

From: Krzysztof Kowalik <kkowalik_at_uci.agh.edu.pl>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:32:09 +0200
Hello.

Is this normal, that in a box with 16GB, mpt(4) and isp(4) startup takes
just 7 minutes, while after adding a nice MAXMEM=(2048*1024) option to
the kernel it drops suddenly to ~ minute?

And I sort of suspect, that my issues with panics when using a FC array
via the ISP2312 controller are quite related to the amound of the
memory.

Looks like those mentioned aboce drivers are not exactly
4+GB-memory-clean, or whatever.

--
Krzysztof Kowalik               |  () ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Computer Center, AGH UST        |  /\ Support plain text e-mail