Re: Alcatel Speedtouch PC ADSL Modem

From: Julian Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:22:38 +0200
> > Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Is this a normal DSL
> > Modem with an ethernet at its back connect to your
> > desktop or an router? How much did you pay for it? If
> > it is cheap enuf, I think it is worth to get it as a
> > standalone DSL  modem.

I have a Thomson SpeedTouch 330, (got mine last year from UK after
part of an abortive attempt by AOL/BT to install DSL somewhere with
presumed line noise) Use http://google.com & first entry is
	USB ADSL Modem available from DSL-Warehouse at the great
	price of only (UK pounds) 21.50.

I havent tried mine yet, as:
 -  my prior Deutsche telekom large DSL/Ethernet box works fine.
 -  I've not researched pin out I'd need between its Western 6 pin plug
	(centre 2 pins occupied) & my German line splitter (8 wires)
PS just d'loading manual: http://www.speedtouch.com/support.htm

--
Julian Stacey     Consultant Systems Engineer, Munich.     http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii (Html = Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.