LSI Logic MegaRAID SATA 150-4

From: Oliver Lehmann <lehmann_at_ans-netz.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:29:50 +0200
Hi,

since my fileservers bootdisk died this night, I'm toying with the idea to
move over to a SATA-RAID setup. Are there any known problems with LSI Logic
MegaRAID SATA 150-4 and FreeBSD 6.0 around? Is it easy to attach a 4th disk
later and enlarge the 3disk RAID-5 setup I plan to start with? Is there a
FreeBSD tool around for managing the controler like mlxcontrol for Mylex
controlers? If not, can I manage it through it's BIOS interface or am I
stuck to MS-DOS or worse MS-Windows? Anything else I should know about this
controller before I'm gioing to buy it?

Greetings Oliver