Qlogic (isp driver) gone mad on 6.0

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:01:38 -0500
I've just upgraded my 5.4-STABLE (from early June) to 6.0 from today,
and upon bootup, my qlogic card goes nuts, spewing (with a verbose boot)
a bunch of "Unretryable error" "error 6"'s - about 16384 of them, before
it finally boots.  Once it boots, a camcontrol devlist -v reveals that
it thinks I have 16k scsi devices out there (I really have 9).

Of course, this worked fine under 5.4-STABLE.

I've tried a custom kernel, but now I'm just using GENERIC, with the
same issues.  I also have an LSI raid controller (it's in a Dell 1850),
which seems to work just fine.  Booting the 5.4 kernel on this box also
worked (well, it at least got me into single user).

Any suggestions?

Eric