Re: kde applications crash (Was: no permissions to libc.so.x libpthread.so.x and other files)

From: Stepan Rakhimov <stepan_r_at_mail.ru>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:32:31 +0400
As I've said I have all latest software (kdevelop 3.2.2 and kde 3.4.2)

When I've upgraded from 5.3-release to 6-current I did recompile all the
ports (it was 4 or 5 months ago)

Is it good solution to manually remove such old files like libc.so.5,
libpthread.so.1 libc_r.so.5 and make a symlinks to libc.so.6
lipthread.so.2 and libc_r.so.6 respectively?
Since kmail works only with libc.so.5 for me, I'm afraid to get it
completely broken.