Re: nve0 nvidia onboard ethernet dies daily on 6.0 beta1

From: alan bryan <alanbryan1234_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:02:08 -0700 (PDT)
--- Kövesdán Gábor <gabor.kovesdan_at_t-hosting.hu>
wrote:
> The nve driver has a lot of problems. You
> experienced just device
> timeouts, but other people - including me -
> experiences system crashes.
> As for me, I've had two kind of kernel panics, and
> device timeouts too.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gabor Kovesdan

Do you (or does anyone else here) have any
recommendations then on a good PCI express (no plain
PCI slots) ethernet card that doesn't use the nve
driver?  Maybe an Intel card?  Gigabit speeds
preferably.  I could then use that until the nve
driver gets fixed (Is somebody even working on fixing
it?).

Thanks,
Alan

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs