Re: Adaptec AIC-7901 (ahd) broken with 6.0-BETA2

From: Marian Hettwer <MH_at_kernel32.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:58:43 +0200
Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>>> It looks like the system was able to talk to the controller and your
>>> drive just fine, but hung later.  Can you break into the debugger
>>> and get a stack trace of where the system is hung?
>>>
>> Pardon me, but how do I break into the debugger ? :)
>> I know, if I'm using -CURRENT I should know how to do it... could you
>> point me at the right direction anyway ? :-)
>

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-online-ddb.html

Thanks, I'll give it a read-through.

>> Even if I could break into debugger, I would need to get a serial console
>> working, otherwise a stack trace could be quite hard to get. I don't
>> think I want to type this by hand...
>

> The top few functions are likely all that are important.  <Scroll-Lock>
> followed by
> PgUp is your friend.

I know this friend pretty good. Unluckily he's not available... Num-Lock
still works, but scroll-lock doesn't. I'm unable to scroll up, which is
a pity. With no serial console... I can't easily scroll up or even do
some copy 'n paste.

thanks so far and best regards,
Marian