Re: Beastie Boot Menu

From: Beecher Rintoul <akbeech_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:08:54 -0800
On Monday 22 August 2005 01:16 pm, Kevin Downey wrote:
> On 8/22/05, Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net> wrote:
> > > From: Beecher Rintoul <akbeech_at_gmail.com>
> > > Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:29:52 -0800
> > > Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
> > >
> > > I just did a clean install of FreeBSD. I started from a 5.4.iso then
> > > cvsupped and upgraded to 7-Current. My problem is that I don't have the
> > > beastie boot options menu. The machine seems to have reverted to the
> > > old style boot menu. While this is not a major problem, I would really
> > > like to have the new boot menu. Does anyone have a suggestion how to do
> > > this?
> >
> > That seems odd, but, in any case, the beastie menu is called from
> > /boot/loader.rc. The last two executable lines should be:
> > include /boot/beastie.4th
> > beastie.start  <- - - - - Should be "beastie-start"
<SNIP>
> > I list updated my sources a couple of days ago, do it's possible that
> > something has changed since then.
> > --
> > R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
<SNIP>
> As I understand it the non-beastie version was made the default.
> adding beastie_disable="NO" to /boot/loader.conf may do the trick

Thanks for the response. I needed to both add those lines to loader.rc and
copy beastie.4th into the /boot directory. Everything works now.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech_at_gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \