Re: On a hyperthreaded system, top and gnome system monitor only report one processor

From: Josh Carroll <josh.carroll_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:35:37 -0700
Speaking of which, is hyperthreading in 6.0 with ULE to the point
where it actually increases performance for multi-threaded processes
or parallel compilations (make -j N)? Obviously this is situation
dependent. I guess the better question is whether HT is able to
provide a performance increase in 6.0 like it purports to do?

I've heard that it's not quite "there yet", so I'm cautious about
enabled SMP support and HT support on a P4-HT system.

Josh