Re: fontsize and dpi (was Re: Beta2: Nice job!)

From: Martin Nilsson <martin_at_gneto.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:47:45 +0200
Gavin Atkinson wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Oliver Fromme wrote:
>
>> Oh, by the way -- and finally on-topic:  I guess there is
>> no chance that kern/79139 will be commited in time for
>> 6.0-Release, right?  Will it be committed to RELENG_6
>> shortly after?  I'm surprised that the PR is still open
>> for several months now.  The patch is fairly trivial and
>> adds PCIe support for the i915 chipset which is very
>> common today.
>
> Heh. I was just thinking about that yesterday, as I applied it to
> another machine.  It would be nice if it could be committed.

There are a lot more intel chipsets that can do PCI-e,
7221,7230,945,955,955X comes to mind. Not to mention chipsets from
nVidia, VIA and Broadcom ...

Does anything actually use the values obtained by these probes?

Also why is this in sys/i386? Most of these support EM64T CPU:s and
should be shared with amd64 (or machine independant).

Regards,
Martin Nilsson