Re: Boot off CF card hangs at "Trying to mount root"

From: Stefan Bethke <stb_at_lassitu.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:17:35 +0200
Am 29.08.2005 um 07:06 schrieb Daniel O'Connor:
> On Monday 29 August 2005 14:25, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>>> It should still work if it's ad3, but you'll need to alter your
>>> fstab.
>> Because it hangs after printing that line? Not changing fstab it
> You neglected to mention the failure mode and I am not a mind reader.

Sorry, I thought it would be obvious from the subject line.

> OK.
> I would suggest getting the output of ps into a file (say, via
> serial console)
> as well as a back trace and posting a URL to it.

Since this is my router, and I need to get a cross-over serial cable
before doing that, should I kick off a kernel compile with any
particular debugging options, or would a standard verbose boot be
sufficient?

Thanks,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb_at_lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140