wpa_supplicant segfaults with ath

From: Hanns Hartman <rowinggoon_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:12:44 -0700
Hi,
   This is my first time posting to the list so if you need more information
let me know. also since I have no internet on my freebsd box it is difficult
to get all of the verbose output. so here goes.

I am using freebsd6.0beta2 on an amd64. I am using the src tree from august
21.

I am trying to associate with a 2wire gateway that was supplied by sbc for
my dsl.  I have set the gateway up with wpa-psk encription.
I am able to connect perfectly fine to this gateway with my ibm t42 but when
I try to associate with the gateway using wpa_supplicant I get a
segmentation fault after the program reaches "wpa: sending eapol-key 4/4"
specifially it faults right after displaying "wpa: rsc - hexdump(len=6): 00
00 00 00 00 00" while using option -d for output.

when running the supplicant in gdb I get program received SIGSEGV,
segmentation fault.  0x000000080082d4d0 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6

if there is anything else needed that might help to explain the problem let
me know.  I appoligize for not having more output to post at this time.
thanks for the help
Hanns