hw RNG support?

From: Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:57:09 +0200
Hello,

the (4) random man page describes that kern.random.sys.seeded would not be
seen if the system has a hardware RNG. Now my chipset (i815) is supposed
to have one, also I have a box with a HIFN 7951, which, according to man
(4) hifn, also has a RNG, but I'm seeing the mentioned sysctls.
How can I test if my hw rng is used at all? I'd like to disable
entropy-harvesting on machines with hw rng.

Thanks,

-Harry