Re: ATHCTRL for ATH

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:08:09 -0700
[coming in late here...]

athctrl is a trivial program that should be a shell script at best.  It
currently makes no sense to add this sort of support to ifconfig because
each device does things very differently (if at all) and trying to unify
the operation is likely to lead to more confusion than anything else.
Attached is an untested shell script I wrote for someone else.  If you
can tell me it does the right thing for you then I'll commit it to
tools/tools/ath where I've stuck other similar things.

	Sam

#! /bin/sh
#
# Set the IFS parameters for an interface configured for
# point-to-point use at a specific distance.  Based on a
# program by Gunter Burchardt.
#
DEV=ath0
d=0

usage()
{
	echo "Usage: $0 [-i athX] [-d meters]"
	exit 2
}

args=`getopt d:i: $*`
test $? -ne 0 && usage

set -- $args
for i; do
	case "$i" in
	-i)	DEV="$2"; shift; shift;;
	-d)	d="$2"; shift; shift;;
	--)	shift; break;
	esac
done

test $d -eq 0 && usage

slottime=`expr 9 + \( $d / 300 \)`
if expr \( $d % 300 \) != 0 >/dev/null 2>&1; then
	slottime=`expr $slottime + 1`
fi
timeout=`expr $slottime \* 2 + 3`

printf "Setup IFS parameters on interface ${DEV} for %i meter p-2-p link\n" $d
ATHN=`echo $DEV | sed 's/ath//'`
sysctl dev.ath.$ATHN.slottime=$slottime
sysctl dev.ath.$ATHN.acktimeout=$timeout
sysctl dev.ath.$ATHN.ctstimeout=$timeout