Re: DRM merge

From: Mateusz Jędrasik <imachine_at_toya.net.pl>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:32:24 +0200
Dnia wtorek, 30 sierpnia 2005 02:38, Devon H. O'Dell napisał:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 08:36:50PM +0000, Craig Kleski wrote:
> > On Monday 29 August 2005 08:03 pm, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > > I've put a patch to merge current DRM CVS to FreeBSD here:
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/drm-20050826.diff
> > >
> > > Along with various changes as usual, it includes jake_at_'s port of the
> > > VIA DRM (note: this requires a patch to the x server to work, which
> > > is in X.org CVS).
> > >
> > > I've tested on r200, r128, mga, sis on my x86 testbox.  However, I
> > > was getting a crash on X startup with DRI on my amd64 desktop.  I
> > > couldn't get it to drop to debugger for some reason, so I don't know
> > > if the merge is at fault or not.  So, I would really appreciate some
> > > testing on amd64, in particular.
> >
> > Is i915 DRI working?
>
> No.
It seems a kick ass patch :-) Quickly browsing through it tho does not reveal
to me completely if the savage.ko module availability has been resolved for
all us poor souls with savage crappy cards in their laptops - I will
nevertheless patch my 6.0-beta box with this asap :-)

Thank You for Your great work, I believe I speak for more people when I say We
appreciate it very much! :-)