RE: Application layer firewall on FreeBSD, is it possible ?

From: Daniel Dvoøák <dandee_at_hellteam.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 02:14:56 +0200
Okay, thank you for advise. Maybe I did not understand fully but ...

... but you know, proxy is not what I am asking, proxy is not firewall.

We do not need to restrict everything and all members.

We like full routeable network with full access to IPv6 / IPv4 internet
without any necessary action like configure proxy clients at all pc´s our
members.

We only want to deny only p2p applications by default for all pc´s
regardless of used protocol/ports and to allow grantting access to p2p
networks each members in individual way, because we have to prevent another
letter from our ISP which was contacted by BSA that from our public IP (
from one member in private ip space ) ... traffic ... share ... violate ...
authorial law.

So of course it must be combination of IP and application osi model
firewall.

Gateway server should check all packets and their contents to decide if
allowed or denied in fast way like l7-filter on Linux OS.

So is it possible on FreeBSD OS ?

Thanks

Since my question here is not right like somebody told me, this is last
e-mail in this mailling list for this theme, and I send it to
freebsd-question, freebsd-ipfw and freebsd-pf mailling lists.

Dan