Ctrl-c abort of dhclient during rc.d start aborts all network configuration

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:10:44 +0100 (BST)
I believe this is related to the new dhclient -- when I run my notebook
disconnected from the network, the boot pauses for about 15-20 seconds
waiting for a link on xl0.  Being impatient when booting in airports just
before my flight, I like to hit Ctrl-C and abort it, since I know that
there will be no link.  In the old world order, this was fine, dhclient
was simply killed and all was good.  In the new world order, it kills all
of the netif startup script, and for some reason (ordering related,
presumably), this prevents 127.0.0.1 from being configured on lo0, which
causes a number of applications to die, since 0.0.0.0 cannot be bound.  It
sounds like a couple of things are unfortunate here:

(1) It would be good to configure lo0 first.
(2) If a dhclient is ctrl-c'd, it would be nice if the rest of the network
     configuration continued.

The printing of '.'s in dhclient is also a bit excessive.

Robert N M Watson