Re: adaptec 39320 - ahd0: Invalid Sequencer interrupt occurred

From: Daniel Eischen <deischen_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:01:01 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> > I see the ahd0 message below on just about every boot of a dell sc1425
> > running 6.0-BETA2, just after "waiting for scsi devices to settle".
> > Once the system is up I don't see it again.
> >
> > Is it harmful?  Can I help?  The machine has a serial cable attached so
> > it can be peeked and poked if need be.
>
> Sam,
>
> This message indicates that the firmware engine wound up in its
> interrupt handler with no status indicating an interrupt should
> have occurred.  I'm not sure why this is happening in some configurations
> (yours is not the first), but it seems to be harmless enough.  I
> would love to better understand why this is happening, but without
> being able to replicate the problem here (and I have tried), I
> don't think I can do much other than just turn off the message in
> the driver.

I have the same problem as Sam, under 5.2.1, 5.4-stable (as of
yesterday), and now in 6.0 (as of yesterday).  Everything seems
to work just fine, though.  The machine is not in production yet,
so I can play with it a bit if you have any ideas.  Other than
that, I'll just ignore the error message.

--
DE