Re: current_at_ and freebsd-current_at_

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:28:43 -0600
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 11:59:41AM -0500 I heard the voice of
Chuck Swiger, and lo! it spake thus:

> I've asked postmaster_at_ about this, and there are mechanisms in place
> which are supposed to merge the two names to avoid duplicate
> postings, but some messages seem to get missed.

Interestingly enough, there seems to be a pattern to it.  All the
places where somebody starts duplicating happen when somebody (a) is
using KMail, and (b) replies to a message to 'current_at_' (never to
freebsd-current_at_), it will set the To: to freebsd-current_at_, and leave
current_at_ in the CC list.  It doesn't happen every time those
conditions are met, especially if current_at_ is sandwiched somewhere
among other headers.  Rather odd; maybe some "list reply" sort of
feature in KMail?  jhb seems to get bitten by it with some regularity.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net