Re: cvs commit: src/etc rc rc.shutdown rc.subr src/etc/rc.d localpkg src/sys/sys param.h

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 04:23:24 +0300
On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 05:07:02PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> Yes, I agree that's a problem. However, it's a problem we have to solve, or
> else we can't include local scripts in the base rcorder. As I wrote in my

What prevents to include them in the base rcorder AND run in the separate
subshell (sort of sandbox) in the same time? Perhaps just few variables
need to be added.

Typical problem for porter (like me) is not knowing deeps of rc.d
subsystem. To be more specific, personally me can't make 'apache13' port
do its limits without damaging main rc shell in the same time. If you can,
please look 'apache13' port and feel free to fix rc script there.

I suspect I am not only one with such problem. Lots of environment things
can be damaged not running in the subshell: su, environment variables,
limits, etc. etc. What you provide as example is simplest case which cause
no problems, but I talk about problem cases, not simplest ones.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/