Re: cvs commit: src/etc rc rc.shutdown rc.subr src/etc/rc.d localpkg src/sys/sys param.h

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 00:02:55 -0800
Andrey Chernov wrote:

> Thanx, I understand.

Hooray! :)

> There is $rc_fast_and_loose variable (which do just
> opposite) confuses me first time, but I not found now it is ever set
> anywhere. What about removing it?

Well, at one point keeping our file in sync with the one in NetBSD was a
priority, but it's diverged pretty heavily of late. I don't think it's
hurting anything, and can be useful for testing.

>>Assuming you're right about that, then you should do something like what I
>>suggested in the patch I sent so that the script gets installed as apache
>>instead of apache.sh.
>

> Committed.

Cool. I tested it myself on an old -current (so I could test before and
after) and noticed that I forgot to make PLIST_SUB += instead of =, so I
fixed that one, hope you don't mind.

Doug