Re: Brief Report: IBM/Lenovo z60t notebook with FreeBSD

From: Fredrik Lindberg <fli+freebsd-current_at_shapeshifter.se>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 13:04:57 +0100
Robert Watson wrote:

[cut]

> - The fingerprint scanner attaches as ugen0.  I haven't googled around yet
>   to see what I can learn.

I've got a IBM T42 with a fingerprint scanner. They're made by UPEK
(http://www.upek.com), they have a linux driver avaiable (beta though).
It's a closed source binary driver only, but I almost got it working
anyway using some library hacks. I've written down some of my
findings on http://shapeshifter.se/projects/upek/

Since their driver is using libusb it should be quite easy for them
to create a native binary for FreeBSD. I haven't contacted UPEK
about it yet though.

	Fredrik Lindberg