Re: [rc update] sshd no longer starts at boot

From: Brian Candler <B.Candler_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:30:14 +0000
On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 10:15:03AM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> Nicolas Blais wrote:
>
> >For cupds, after you did the update, did you rm
> >/usr/local/etc/rc.d/cups.sh and cp /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cups.sh.sample
> >/usr/local/etc/rc.d/cups.sh ?
>
> A more effective long term solution to that problem is to do:
>
> cd /usr/local/etc/rc.d
> rm cups.sh
> ln -s cups.sh.sample cups.sh

I presume that if ports are upgraded so that they honour foo_enable from
rc.conf, there is no need for them to install foo.sh.sample any more, and
they should just install foo.sh instead?

That's unless the port *intends* that the user make changes to the startup
script directly (in which case, the symlink option given above isn't really
appropriate)

Regards,

Brian.