Re: nve(4) patch - please test!

From: Pascal Hofstee <caelian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:51:41 -0800
On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 20:28 +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> everyone out there who had only seen timeouts like
>  	nve0: device timeout (4)
> on nve and __never got it working at all__ please try this patch[1]
> which made my nve working from 0 to 99.
>
> I still can get timeouts by for example flood pinging another machine
> on the local LAN but it all recovers on it's own and I can work on
> that machine and do things like find / over ssh without losing
> connectivity. Fixing the timeouts will be another problem that needs
> to be addressed later.

Just thought i'd say that this patch also makes the onboard nve chip on
my EPOX 9NDA3+ (likely the same chip as David Xu's 9NDA3J board).

I still get the occasional sputter of an nve0 device timeout(x) though x
seems to be a constant "1" .. instead of the typical climbing towards 64
i have seen happening on other nve-boards.

--
Pascal Hofstee <caelian_at_gmail.com>