Re: current_at_ and freebsd-current_at_

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 02:10:20 +0100
Hi,

> I see a number of mails cross-posted to current_at_freebsd.org and
> freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org, and so get two copies in the freebsd-current
> digest I receive.
>
> Is there any reason to have two addresses pointing at this list? As far as I
> can see from the web, 'freebsd-current_at_' is the advertised address. If
> current_at_ is a legacy hangover, could it be killed?

I suppose both exist for historical reasons.  However the correct
mailing-lists addresses are the form freebsd-*_at_FreeBSD.org.
The simple reason is coherency among all mailing-lists :
freebsd-security_at_FreeBSD.org is not the same as security_at_FreeBSD.org
which points to the FreeBSD Security Officer (so_at_FreeBSD.org) IIRC.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen