Re: Contacts for project idea list

From: Dario Freni <saturnero_at_freesbie.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:59:39 +0100
On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 03:07:57PM +0100, Erik N?rgaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One on the questions-list pointed my attention to the PXE installer
> project on the project idea list http://www.freebsd.org/projects/ideas/
>
> There is no responsible for the project yet, nor are there any technical
> contacts for the category (userland/installation tools) nor is there any
> contact address for the idea-list maintainer.
>
> So ... who came up with this idea? Who should I bug if I want to
> contribute to this?

(re-sending to mailing list)

This can be intepreted/implemented in many ways. As Alexander said,
this can be a "dummy" installer which formats, partitions and install
over the network.

In my todo list, instead, there's (since at least one year) the idea
to implement this with FreeSBIE and BSD Installer. BSD Installer was
already ported to FreeSBIE one year ago, and the actual version of BSD
Installer works with the new version of the FreeSBIE toolkit.

It can be nice to have a dedicated version of FreeSBIE which ships
with a dhcp server on it and can act as a PXE server, allowing clients
to netboot into BSD Installer. If you agree, we can start working on
it.

Bye,
Dario

--