Re: no disk found on sony vaio s5

From: Victor Balada Diaz <victor_at_bsdes.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:43:09 +0100
On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 10:21:07PM +0100, rmgls_at_wanadoo.fr wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i try to install FreeBSD 6.0 on a sony vaio s5.
>  at boot, FreeBSD find the disk 0 with 3 used partitions.
> in the installer, fdisk does not find any disk.
>
> any idea to help?

FreeBSD 6.0 didn't work on my Vaio S4XP because it wasn't able
find the disks, but 5.4 works.

Attached is the patch that i used to get 6.0 working on my vaio.
Try installing FreeBSD 5.4 and then do a source upgrade with this.
I would like to hear if this solves the issue for you.

To patch your system just go to /usr/src and type:

# patch -p3 < /path/to/the/ata.patch

--
La prueba mas fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.