Re: "Native" journaling file systems?

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 02:04:58 +0200
On 2005-12-19 10:28, Justin Smith <jsmith_at_drexel.edu> wrote:
> Are there any plans to develop UFS3--- i.e., a UFS2 file system with an
> added journal?

Not sure.

> I've used several journaling file systems in Linux and like the Reiser
> FS except for one MAJOR drawback: When something goes wrong, reiser-fsck
> absolutely sucks at repairing things (Hans Reiser freely admits that but
> says it's never needed because nothing ever goes wrong).

Which is, FYI, absolutely and plainly bullshit.  I've seen Linux machines
with Reiserfs die and cause major pains for dozens of people.  Hans may be
a smart guy and a very successful businessman, but this particular
statement is utter nonsense and I have the scars to prove it.

> A UFS3 might have the same desirable features.

I can't help with the answer to this :)