Re: troubles with /usr/local/etc/rc.d scripts in jail

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:59:26 -0800
Brooks Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 01:43:40PM +0300, Denis Shaposhnikov wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Scripts with PROVIDE header don't running on jail's startup. Because
>> early_late_divider="mountcritlocal" in /etc/defaults/rc.conf and
>> mountcritlocal has nojail. This is one probleam.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and sorry for the hassle.

> I might make the early late divider NETWORKING.

I agree with Brooks here. If that works for you, can you please let us know?
I can add another section to rc.conf(5) for jails like we did for diskless
boot.

>> The second problem is "# REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS" in a lots of
>> scripts because they are running before ldconfig in this
>> case. apache2.sh and mysql-server.sh for example.
>
> Said scripts are broken in most casees.  They should be "# REQUIRE:
> DAEMON".  Very few things should start between SERVERS and DAEMON.
> The system isn't really bootstrapped until DAEMON.

Agreed. Since for all intents and purposes the REQUIRE/BEFORE lines were
being ignored in these scripts previously, we already know that there are
going to have to be some adjustments. This process is a necessary step to
providing the functionality of having local scripts start in the base
rcorder, so we just have to buckle down and fix them.

Doug