Re: Fast releases demand binary updates.. (Was: Release schedule for 2006 )

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 02:56:57 -0600
On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 09:51:15AM +0100 I heard the voice of
Patrick M. Hausen, and lo! it spake thus:

> Any suggestions for an alternative to NFS if your 'client' servers
> are located "all over the world" and you want to installworld across
> the Internet? I was planning to use NFS/TCP secured by IPSec
> transport mode, but anything less complicated would be greatly
> appreciated ;-)

This is one of the situations where r{dist,sync}'ing out the binaries
makes more sense than NFS mounting and running installworld (which
would be awful awful slow, above and beyond security and convenience
issues).

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net