Re: Fast releases demand binary updates.. (Was: Release schedule for 2006)

From: Colin Percival <cperciva_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 02:34:43 -0800
Brian Candler wrote:
> I think the real concern here is: for how long after RELEASE_X_Y are binary
> patches for it made available?

I build FreeBSD Update patches for all the branches supported by the
FreeBSD Security Team.

To answer a couple of other questions:

FreeBSD Update is something which I _personally_ support; it isn't
supported by the _project_, because at the moment there isn't anyone
else who could take over running it if I get hit by a bus.

Re the long list of requests people have made (starting with "amd64
support" and "make this officially supported by the project"), I'll
get to those as soon as I have time.  Sadly, I have a pesky thing
called "a full time job" and my FreeBSD time has been occupied with
portsnap lately.

Colin Percival