Re: ATI on FreeBSD! FireGL Linux Driver Port

From: Chris Gilbert <Chris_at_lainos.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:08:42 +0100
Hi Alexander, thanks for the feedback!

What you outlined in the "examples" section is pretty much what my port does.
I have modeled it after the nvidia-driver port.

The linux libraries which will be used by linux applications (such as libGL)
are installed into linux base, the same as they are with the nVidia driver.

There are some tools (such as fireglcontrolpanel) which ATI provides linux
builds of. (Packaged with their linux driver) I install those binaries into
the linux base, and also compile native builds of them, which are installed
to X11_BASE/bin.

Everything else goes into X11_BASE as expected, with the exception of 2 files
that are needed for KDE integration of the fireglcontrol application. (A .xpm
icon and fireglcontrol.desktop)

These go in the LOCALBASE since that is where KDE resides.

Does this sound okay?

> I haven't looked at the port version of this, but I haven't seen any
> changes described regarding those entries in the announcement.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this... can you elaborate?

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Chris Gilbert