Re: New cpufreq framework and drivers

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:08:11 -0800
Nate Lawson wrote:
> Below is the first patch of cpufreq for wider testing.  It has the
> framework, cpu pseudodriver updates, and two hardware drivers -- ACPI
> performance states and SpeedStep-ICH.  It has had a lot of testing on
> supported hardware but needs wider testing before importing.  Other
> hardware drivers can be quickly ported to this interface, and I'm happy
> to assist their maintainers.
>
> http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/cpufreq.diff

Sorry, I'm so familiar with the interface that I forgot to mention how
to use it.  To test, build a new kernel and modules.  Load one or both
of acpi_perf.ko and cpufreq.ko at boot time.  Type "sysctl dev.cpu" to
see the new freq and freq_levels output.  If you're a driver maintainer,
see sys/cpu.h and speedstep_ich.c or acpi_perf.c for an example how to
provide the driver interface.

--
Nate