Re: New cpufreq framework and drivers

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:32:53 -0800
> Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:01:49 -0800
> From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-acpi_at_freebsd.org
>
> Eric Anderson wrote:

> >> Sorry, I'm so familiar with the interface that I forgot to mention how
> >> to use it.  To test, build a new kernel and modules.  Load one or both
> >> of acpi_perf.ko and cpufreq.ko at boot time.  Type "sysctl dev.cpu" to
> >> see the new freq and freq_levels output.  If you're a driver
> >> maintainer, see sys/cpu.h and speedstep_ich.c or acpi_perf.c for an
> >> example how to provide the driver interface.
> >>

> > Will this only work on -current, or also 5.3-stable?
>
> It should work on -stable, modulo any diff fuzz.
>
> --
> Nate

A bit more that fuzz, I'm afraid, but nothing that should take more than
a little effort, but it's not very difficult.

I am attaching diffs against -stable. Since it's your code, I did not
feel like I should be sending them to others. I'll leave it up to you as
to whether to post them. (And, it's possible that I messed something up,
too, although I did test it.) It requires -stable as of 12/8/2005 or newer.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)