Re: sys/1386/i386/mptable.c rev 1.239 breaks boot.

From: Ian FREISLICH <if_at_hetzner.co.za>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 08:50:33 +0200
John Baldwin wrote:
> On Friday 04 February 2005 04:38 am, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> > John Baldwin wrote:

> > > It did fix other boxes. :(  Can you provide a verbose dmesg?
> >
> > I've included both a working and broken kernel verbose boot.
>
> Ok, short answer is you have a busted MP Table as it is incomplete.  You can
> try disabling USB as a hack for one to test if that fixes your problem.  I
> would be interested in seeing your mptable output.

That is unsurprising, since so much else about this motherboard
seems broken (ACPI doesn't work either).

MPTable, version 2.0.15

MP Floating Pointer Structure:

  location:                     BIOS
  physical address:             0x000f5560
  signature:                    '_MP_'
  length:                       16 bytes
  version:                      1.1
  checksum:                     0x80
  mode:                         Virtual Wire

MP Config Table Header:

  physical address:             0x000f1400
  signature:                    'PCMP'
  base table length:            292
  version:                      1.1
  checksum:                     0x9a
  OEM ID:                       'OEM00000'
  Product ID:                   'PROD00000000'
  OEM table pointer:            0x00000000
  OEM table size:               0
  entry count:                  28
  local APIC address:           0xfee00000
  extended table length:        0
  extended table checksum:      0

MP Config Base Table Entries:

--
Processors:     APIC ID Version State           Family  Model   Step    Flags
                 0       0x11    BSP, usable     6       3       4       0xfbff
                 1       0x11    AP, usable      6       3       3       0xfbff
--
Bus:            Bus ID  Type
                 0       PCI
                 1       PCI
                 2       ISA
--
I/O APICs:      APIC ID Version State           Address
                 2       0x11    usable          0xfec00000
--
I/O Ints:       Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC ID PIN#
                ExtINT   conforms    conforms        2     0          2    0
                INT      conforms    conforms        2     1          2    1
                INT      conforms    conforms        2     0          2    2
                INT      conforms    conforms        2     3          2    3
                INT      conforms    conforms        2     4          2    4
                INT      conforms    conforms        2     5          2    5
                INT      conforms    conforms        2     6          2    6
                INT      conforms    conforms        2     7          2    7
                INT     active-hi        edge        2     8          2    8
                INT      conforms    conforms        2     9          2    9
                INT      conforms    conforms        2    10          2   10
                INT      conforms    conforms        2    11          2   11
                INT      conforms    conforms        2    12          2   12
                INT      conforms    conforms        2    13          2   13
                INT      conforms    conforms        2    14          2   14
                INT      conforms    conforms        2    15          2   15
                INT     active-lo       level        0   7:A          2   19
                INT     active-lo       level        0   8:A          2   16
                INT     active-lo       level        0  12:A          2   16
                SMI     active-lo        edge        2     0          2   23
--
Local Ints:     Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC ID PIN#
                ExtINT   conforms    conforms        0   0:A        255    0

> > pcib0: unable to route slot 7 INTD
> > found-> vendor=0x8086, dev=0x7112, revid=0x01
> >         bus=0, slot=7, func=2
> >         class=0c-03-00, hdrtype=0x00, mfdev=0
> >         cmdreg=0x0005, statreg=0x0280, cachelnsz=0 (dwords)
> >         lattimer=0x40 (1920 ns), mingnt=0x00 (0 ns), maxlat=0x00 (0 ns)
> >         intpin=d, irq=11
> >         map[90]: type 4, range 32, base 00005000, size  4, enabled
>
> This is your USB controller and is what has the problem FWIW.  Note the
> message from pcib0 about being unable to route an interrupt.  Let me know if
> just disabling USB is enough to fix the problem for now.  If it is we can go
> from there.

That would also explain why I've never been able to get USB to work,
but that's something for later.  Disabling (removing from my kernel
config) lets everything work again.  I had left it there in the
hopes that i would get fixed in time - it would be nice to connect
up my USB printer.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich