panic: lockmgr: locking against myself

From: Damon Hopkins <damon_at_hopkins-family.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:38:33 -0500
I looked in the old archives and searched google. I've been running this
box for awhile now. it used to be a 5.0-Release box. In any case,  It's
just recently been locking up. so I moved it to a monitor and keyboard
(was not previously connected) and I've found this error. I know it is
related to acpi, softupdates, and background fsck processes. I never
really found a fix for it. I assume I can either turn softupdates off,
disable bg fsck, or turn off acpi. I'm not sure which would be the
correct thing to do. I'm a bit of a hacker and I can help out wherever
possible if someone wants to tell me different things to try. If there
are people already fixing it I'd be most inclined to just turning off
the bg fsck as I try not to reboot the box and the power is fairly
stable. I started getting this problem after my /var partition filled up
(via snort).. I haven't really kept up w/ the snapshot thing.. can I
just delete the .snap directories and solve my problems?? seems to easy
to be a real solution.

Thanks,

Damon Hopkins
damon_at_hopkins-family.org