Re: 5-STABLE to 6-CURRENT

From: Richard Coleman <rcoleman_at_criticalmagic.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:51:02 -0500
Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
> /usr/src/UPDATING doesn't seem too clear on this, and I can't find it in the
> mailing lists. What is the current procedure to upgrade from 5-STABLE to
> 6-CURRENT?

I just did this exact upgrade on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4100) a few
days ago, and didn't have a problem.  The only extra step that I did was
start with a clean copy of GENERIC and merge in my changes, rather than
carry over my old kernel config file (although I'm not sure if it was
really necessary).  So far, everything is running fine.

Richard Coleman
rcoleman_at_criticalmagic.com