Re: The case for FreeBSD

From: Jonathan Belson <jon_at_witchspace.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:14:40 -0000 (GMT)

> Joseph Koshy wrote:
>
>>  * How does one *use* FreeBSD?   How does one architect a solution
>>     around it?  What are its strengths, and what weaknesses should we
>>     be aware of?  What hardware is supported?
>
> AAARGHHHHH "architect" is not a a verb..  the work is "Design".

According to the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary:

'architect /"A:kItEkt/ n. & v.

3B v.t. Design and build; plan and bring about (a desired result). M17.'

'Architect' has been used as a verb for 350 years in English English;
whether this meaning is common in American English is another matter.

Cheers,

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com