Re: Deadlock with option FULL_PREEMPTION

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:17:40 -0500
On Sunday 06 February 2005 08:41 am, Peter Holm wrote:
> With GENERIC HEAD from Feb 5 09:19 UTC + FULL_PREEMPTION +
> mpsafe_vfs = 1 I ran into what appears to be the same deadlock
> twice. This is the first one:
> http://www.holm.cc/stress/log/cons114.html

What is the deadlock exactly?  It looks like lots of threads banging on fork()
and that they are all waiting on an exclusive lock of allproc_lock while
holding a shared lock of proctree_lock (except for the 1 thread currently
doing a fork that is on a run queue because it was preempted by IRQ 0 which
kicked off softclock).  Can you get 'ps' output?